Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Seeking First

One of the biggest pursuits in my life lately has been the hunt for a new job. I have a business selling vintage and designer clothing online, but it's not regular enough to be dependable for income. I have applied and applied and applied at countless places, and found that the job market is not so hot here in Chicago right now.


I've been praying that God would just show me which job He wants me to have so I can 100% go for it. And then He convicted me, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matt 6:33). I know what I am supposed to be seeking... Christ. Yet I have not been "100% going for it." I have all this time right now to be investing in furthering my relationship with Him and serving Him, first and foremost. That is my priority. Yes, my job hunt is important. But it still falls second. 

I did get a call today from one of the places I applied, letting me know they'll call me back in a few days to schedule an interview. Hopefully this one will go somewhere!

Another event of today was some Valentines Day decorating. I love holidays because I love themes. If it is a day important enough to make it on the calendar, it is an excuse to decorate! (Although I have to confess, I skipped Groundhog Day.) Here's the garland I made, based on something similar I saw made out of paper, and hung in our window. This one is made out of felt, pom-poms, and embroidery floss:





I hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day, should you choose to celebrate it. If not, you can still enjoy all of the chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment