Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Make Your Own Nutella!

Happy Wednesday, friends! I want to share something with you that I just made. And it’s delicious.


So most of you are probably familiar with Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread), but did you know how easy it is to make your own?


Tonight I made a version using chocolate and almonds (yummm) but this recipe works with hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, or peanuts. You can even play around with other nuts or combinations if you want!


Here’s what you need:
16 ounces (2 cups) roasted nuts (I used lightly salted because I like that salty sweet combination.)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder







Grind the nuts in a food processor until smooth, about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to scoop down the sides as needed.





Add in cocoa powder and sugar. Blend until smooth.





Transfer to a jar and store in a cool place for up to a month… (it doesn’t last a month before getting eaten in my house.)


You could also tie up your jar with a pretty ribbon and give someone the gift of delicious homemade chocolate nut butter! Voila!





Possible additions or variations include cinnamon, honey, mixed nuts, and more.

Let me know of any combos you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment